[MEncoder-users] mencoder and mediatomb

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu Jul 17 14:11:01 CEST 2008

Hi

I recently installed mediatomb a uPnP media server, make things a bit
handy and allows me to play some stuff on device that would not normally
be able to play them.

Mediatomb has the able to transcode on the fly, I have setup avi to mpeg
profile (HP Play now doesn't handle .avi files).

I have come up with this as a real time command line for mencoder

mencoder %in -o %out -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video
-af volnorm

I don't think i need any optimisation to shrink the size (the network is GigE),
 but any suggests would be helpful

Is there any setting I might use to speed it up, I didn't think encoding
to mp3 would cause that much of a problem.

Alex