[MEncoder-users] lavc & h.264

Philippe MONROUX phi2-monroux at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 15 05:27:37 CEST 2008

De (from) (von) <morganw at chemikals.org> :

> > I actually encode with -ovc x264 -x264encopts ...
> > I heard it was possible to h.264 encode with lavc. How can I do and is
> > ti better (faster) ?

> I don't know if it is any faster/better, but it should work something
> like:
> -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=libx264:<etc>

Ok. Thanks for the response. I think it's good for autoaspect
(speed). Is there an example of good compromise between speed and
quality of encoding with lavcopts vcodec=libx264 because it seems that
lavc options for are note the same...

For example following options:

subq=5:partitions=all:8x8dct:frameref=2:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b

doesn't existe in lavcopts vcodec=libx264

--
philippe