[MEncoder-users] "This file hast no seekpoints metadata"?

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:44:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Recently I am testing lighttpd's h264 streaming module.  To make some video
files for testing, I used mencoder to transcode some of my rmvb files.

Here is the command I use:

mencoder in.rmvb -oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=128 -ovc x264 -x264encopts
subq=6:partitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b:bitrate=512
-ofps 25 -of lavf -o out.mp4

The command works and I can play it with vlc.

But the file is not straming-able.  When I use lighttpd to publish it, I can
view the content but when I try to foward/jump to unbufferred position, I
just got :

"This file hast no seekpoints metadata"

Other mp4 files I downloaded from internet works fine.  What is my mistake?

Thanks a lot!