[MEncoder-users] not valid mpeg file !

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jul 6 15:01:07 CEST 2008

On Sunday, 06 July 2008 at 14:55, Luiz Gustavo Sarubi Macchi wrote:
> Hi all, I´m  trying to create a DVD with DVDStyler or ManDVD on Linux, so I
> receive this message when I try to insert a video on that !
>
> not valid mpeg file !
>
> The mpeg file is created from VHS
>
> sudo nice -n -19 mencoder -v -tv
> driver=v4l2:immediatemode=0:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:forceaudio:device=/dev/video0:input=0:norm=PAL-M
> -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=9800:vhq:vqmax=31:keyint=30
> -oac lavc -lameopts cbr:br=80:mode=0 -sws 1 -o test.mpg -vf
> pp=lb,scale=720:480 tv://

Why do you think the above command gives you an MPEG file? Naming a file .mpg
doesn't change its contents. MEncoder produces AVI files by default, use -of
to change the output container format.

> I try too:
> vcodec=mpeg4
>
> I dont know what happend !

You need to read up on creating DVD-compatible MPEG files. See the appropriate
section of MEncoder encoding documentation.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org