[MEncoder-users] How to produce VCD\DVD content from a raw AVI video ?

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:15:26 CEST 2008

OK, I've created a video slideshow in Kino. It's 720x576 pixels. But I know
that if I convert to mpeg and play it through my DVD player, I'll lose the
sides of the images.

When I play this DV file (as exported) in mplayer on the computer, it
reports that the aspect ratio is 1.37:1 and that it's scaling to 786x576 to
correct for it.(All this is from memory, but I think it's correct). How
could I modify the aspect ratio when I convert to mpeg2 so that it doesn't
stretch the image and lose the sides?