[MEncoder-users] 2 movies side by side

Cristian Baltatescu cristian.baltatescu at eyepartner.com
Wed Jan 30 14:29:21 CET 2008

Hi.
First of all, i'm not sure if i'm asking this to the right place. Are there
two separate users- lists, one for ffmpeg and one for mencoder? I tried to
subscribe to both but i guess there's just one?

My question is this: can you stick two movies side by side, not one after
the other? Meaning, each frame of the final movie will be made of 2 frames,
side by side, from two separate movies.
I found a similar question in the list archives, from 2005, but no
concludent answer.
If the answer is yes, how can that be done?
If not, i'm thinking of an alternative solution. I could, i guess make png-s
of the two movies, one for each frame, somehow stick them togheter,
resulting in a wider png and then making a movie out of those final png's.
But i'm not sure how efficient this is from the resources (memory, disk
space) point of view. And even so, i'm not sure how i could stick those 2
frames toghether as images, maybe imagemagik or somethink.
Thank you!