[MEncoder-users] Encoding 16/9 jpegs to video

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews+mencoder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:38:14 CET 2008

I am trying to encode a set of 16:9 jpegs to video. This is a stop
motion project.

However, with all the options I try, the video is cropped -- it looks
like the input is read as 4x3 and the remaining part of the frame is
dropped. I am using the following command:

 mencoder "mf://*.jpg"  -mf fps=10:type=jpeg -o /tmp/test2.avi  -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800:aspect=16/9

I tried adding  " -aspect 16/9" into the command line but it made no
difference.

What should I do to get the full frame in the output video?

Regards!