[MEncoder-users] Video for YouTube, getting extremely low quality movies

Apple7777 applepro7777 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:45:31 CET 2008

Rich Felker <dalias <at> aerifal.cx> writes:

> Low framerate is inherently crap. Don't do it. You should be able to
> get perfectly good quality with 350kbit/sec at 320x240, full
> framerate. If you're having trouble, you probably need to use some
> denoising filters or fix up whatever is making your content consume so
> much bitrate.
>
> Rich

Rich, when I encode movies with 10fps-15fps with something like Adobe Premiere,
they look great (almost like 24fps).

I'd really like to use higher resolution that 320x240. YouTube allows to use
448x336, so I can get good quality if I will use lower frame rate.

Could you compare two videos at 21-23 seconds (jerky camera movement):

http://www.roamearth.com/ff/30-to-30.flv  - 30 fps looks great, very smooth

and

http://www.roamearth.com/ff/30-to-15.flv - 15 fps, sometimes looks like it's 3
fps (jerky camera movement at 21-23 seconds).