[MEncoder-users] Video for YouTube, getting extremely low quality movies

Brendan Schwartz bschwartz at tropist.com
Wed Jan 23 23:12:12 CET 2008

Hi,

On Jan 23, 2008 12:07 AM, Apple7777 <applepro7777 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone please? `I still can't get normal quality movies. :(

It sounds to me like you're not going to get the quality you're
expecting at 250 kbps. I would suggest playing around in the 400 - 600
range given the output resolution of your example clip.

I don't know of a command to set a hard upper limit on the bit rate,
and in general this is not something you'd want to do. I believe the
specifics have been discussed a few times on this list (you can check
the ffmpeg-user mailing list as well for more details on this).

I'm not sure what's causing the jerkiness. Have you tried removing the
-ofps switch all together?

Also, it looks like you're missing a keyframe in your source video,
that's why you get that grey blocky effect when it switches scenes.

Hope this helps,
Brendan