[MEncoder-users] Script for h264 conversion for mencoder - link to working script

Cameron Just lists.mplayerhq.hu at spam.phoenixdigital.com
Tue Jan 22 04:01:08 CET 2008

I have started to use faac and have the following script however it has
a bit of sync issues... is there such as thing as a constant bitrate AAC?
All my AVI's are CBR mp3 audio encoding to avoid audio sync issues.

Here is my current audio fix script to convert H264,mp3 -> H264,aac in
an mp4 container

chdir /d "%~dp1"

move %1 "%~dp1input.avi"

MP4Box -aviraw video "input.avi"
MP4Box -aviraw audio "input.avi"

c:\system\apps\mencoder2\mplayer -vo null -vc null -ao
pcm:fast:file=audio.wav input_audio.mp3

faac -b 128 audio.wav audio.aac

MP4Box -add input_video.h264 -add audio.aac output.mp4

move "%~dp1output.mp4" "%~dp1%~n1.mp4"
move "%~dp1input.avi" %1

del input_audio.mp3
del input_video.h264