[MEncoder-users] Script for h264 conversion for mencoder

Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux) microchip at telenet.be
Mon Jan 21 13:29:57 CET 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 13:24, Cameron Just wrote:
> SUCCESS!!!
>
> Thankyou Grozdan.... it appears it was a container issue all along... I
> have a bit more to learn I think... time to do some more reading...
>
> Ok now I can work towards getting a nice clean script running were I can
> just drag and drop my files onto a batch file.... when it's working
> perfectly I will post it here for others who fall into this trap in the
> future...
>
> Also another tweak that I needed to perform was to get Windows Media
> Player to allow adding of mp4 files to the library... required a
> registry tweak and all the details can be found here
> http://owlet.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D48B90C1DDF5D401!297.entry

Great !! :)

Just keep in mind that when remuxing to MP4 container with MP4Box, you need to
provide the FPS (frames per second) value of the content as MP4Box always
defaults to 25 fps...

example: MP4Box -add file.h264 -add audio.aac -fps 23.976 output.mp4

btw, did it work with 6 B-Frames and b_pyramid enabled?