[MEncoder-users] Script for h264 conversion for mencoder

Cameron Just lists.mplayerhq.hu at spam.phoenixdigital.com
Mon Jan 21 12:47:38 CET 2008

Thanks for all that info.... converted using what you suggested and
unfortunately still not working even the alternate options you said to
try...

I also realised based on
http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/2007/05/09/spring-07-video-playback-faq.aspx

that the filenames has to be one of .mp4, .m4v, mp4v, .mov

Tried all of these extensions and still not working..

It could also be because I am using windows media player 11 to
communicate with the xbox 360... I do not have windows media centre
edition... this could be another limitation?

I can't wait till they hack these xbox 360's and we can have a similar
app to xbox media centre on this... that uses mplayer for playback and
can playback anything without all these retarded restrictions..

Thanks again for all your help this appears to be a fruitless exercise

Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux) wrote:
> On Monday 21 January 2008 12:20, Cameron Just wrote:
>
>> Thankyou for that Grozdan can you please give me the -oac component as
>> well.. I have encoded the video part just waiting for the xbox 360 to
>> see it on the media share now before I can test it...
>>

> -oac faac -faacopts mpeg=4:br=128:object=2
>
> also, if the video still doesn't work, you might want to decrease B-Frames
> usage to 3 and disable b_pyramid with the nob_pyramid option. Also consider
> upgrading the firmware of your XBOX
>

>> Thanks
>>

>>> this is directly taken from my XBOX360 profile from h264enc. I haven't
>>> tested it as I don't have an XBOX myself but the options used are taken
>>> from the RipBot264 program for Windows. this is for a 1-pass encode
>>>
>>> -ovc x264 -x264encopts
>>> bitrate=1000:me=umh:me_range=24:nodct_decimate:nointerlaced:8x8dct:thread
>>> s=auto:nofast_pskip:trellis=1:partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i8x8,i4x4:mixed_refs:bi
>>> me:keyint=250:keyint_min=25:frameref=3:bframes=6:b_adapt:b_pyramid:weight_
>>> b:direct_pred=auto:subq=6:brdo:chroma_me:cabac:deblock:nossim:nopsnr:level