[MEncoder-users] Xvid 1.1.2 and Sigma EM8621L

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 20 20:15:15 CET 2008

Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont) wrote:
> Thanks,
> Mixing both of your advice was good,
> I get more result with this command
>
> mencoder test.avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=192 -ovc
> xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000:qpel=0:gmc=0 -vf scale=720:576 -ffourcc
> DIVX -o converted.avi
>
> I get audio all the movie but only 4/5 frame for the video then freeze
> (while the audio stay playing...)
>
> Tryied with or without noodml nothing change
> Tryied ffourcc XVID => don't read
> Tryied ffourcc DX50 => don't read
>
> Any idea?

I'd stick with the -noodml option even though you think it's not helping
- it does. :) All I can suggest is that perhaps you need to state the
output fps (-ofps 24000/1001 or -ofps 30000/1001 depending on if the
source is film or video rate material. Or -ofps 25 if the source is PAL.
Does the entire video play a bit faster than the audio, or does the
video stay in sync with the audio and then cuts off 4/5 of the way
through? Have you tried a different source file to see if the same
behavior is repeated?