[MEncoder-users] WMV problems

Steve St.Laurent stevest at centurytel.net
Thu Jan 17 02:13:16 CET 2008

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Your fault for using a version that is at least 18 months old.
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

I'm using the latest ffmpeg-devel out of the most recent freebsd ports
collection.  I tried the regular ffmpeg and that had problems compiling and it
was suggested the -devel version.  So do I just need to download the direct
source and compile it?  Usually the ports collection is very good and up to
date, the version is reported as "ffmpeg version CVS, build 3342336" - is this
really 18 months old?