[MEncoder-users] Using ovc copy and container for Quicktime

Patryk Laurent patryk at pakl.net
Tue Jan 15 02:13:35 CET 2008

David,

I use

mencoder source.m2t -ovc x264 -x264encopts
subq=6:partitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b:qp=26:threads=auto
-vf mcdeint -oac mp3lame  -o target.avi

Unfortunately, I have not had much success in controlling the bitrate.

I should add that I have installed Perian (perian.org), so QuickTime
may be using the Perian codecs to play these files...

Patryk