[MEncoder-users] Running Mencoder in Windows

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:29:55 CET 2008

christ wrote:

>> mencoder "mf://MidwestHighway\*.jpg" -mf fps=10 -o output.avi -ovc lavc
>> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
>>

> don't slashes in windows run the other direction?
> Sorry but I could never remember the difference
> between forward slashes and back slashes. I just
> know windows uses the ones that unix doesn't
>
> --
> christ

The normal path separator in Windows is \. However, c:/path/to/file
is legal too. On the other hand, URLs are supposed to use /, but Internet
Explorer accepts \ (in file:// URLs, at any rate). The command as written
seems to be legal from a Windows point of view, but it is possible that
MPlayer is parsing the command line and interprets the \ as an ESCape
character. I suggested that he go into the directory that contains the
images to avoid any issues with path separators. I suppose that he could
also try  mf://MidwetsHighway/*.jpg.