[MEncoder-users] re-encoding avi to normalise sounds (and turn into 5.1)

Jiří Heryán technik at domotech.cz
Mon Jan 7 07:27:42 CET 2008

Alex Samad píše v Ne 06. 01. 2008 v 16:23 +1100:
> > > I do my work
> > >  mencoder a.avi -o b.avi -ovc copy -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3 -af
> > > volnorm=1,surround=15,center,sub -channels 6
> > >
> > > it finished okay, but when I play it, the sound volume has increased, but when
> > > I try to skip ahead or backwards the sounds starts from the beginning

Mencoder is IMHO broken, probably for better purity of the code (see
endless discusions about hacks in AVI few years ago). It is stupid,
because libavcodec does not contain audio codec compatible with default
container (Congratulations boys, good work!).

Sorry I can't help you. If you are in need of AC3, use something else.

J.Heryan