[MEncoder-users] WMV problems

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 2 18:15:00 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:27:48AM +0000, Steve St. Laurent wrote:
> Rich Felker <dalias <at> aerifal.cx> writes:
>

> > Yeah, start by telling us exactly what you're doing that's not
> > working, including command lines. I suspect it involves -of lavf and
> > flv...
> >
> > Rich
> >

> Here's the complete command line:
>
> mencoder abc.wmv -o abc.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=800:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv
> :keyint=10:cbp:last_pred=3 -vop scale=320:240 -srate 22050

With any -of other that avi, the harddup video filter is MANDATORY.
And it will do very bad things if you don't specify some sort of sane
value for -ofps.

If you want nice encoding to containers other than avi, use the ffmpeg
program itself, not mencoder. The only reason to use mencoder should
be its filters, which you're not using. Otherwise ffmpeg is much much
better.

Rich