[MEncoder-users] Encoding with x264 Jittery Result

Reuben Budiardja reubendb at organizedhacks.com
Tue Jan 1 23:07:01 CET 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 10:19:25 am Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 01 January 2008 at 15:51, R.L. Horn wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Reuben Budiardja wrote:
> > > I am actually not sure about the revision of the x264. I am using
> > > mencoder for Fedora 7 by Livna repository, and (assuming) the x264
> > > version by Livna also.
> > >
> > > $ rpm -q mencoder x264
> > > mencoder-1.0-0.81.rc2.lvn7
> > > x264-0-0.8.20061028.lvn7
> >
> > Hmm, if I'm reading this right, you have an ancient x264.  The last
> > revision I checked out (a couple of days ago or so) was core 57, revision
> > 714, or 0.57.714 if you do x264 --version.
>
> Yeah, well, the latest x264 is abi-incompatible, so it's not that easy
> to upgrade, because we have to rebuild all dependent apps.

How do I configure mplayer with x264 installed in non-standard location ?
I don't want to remove the current x264 that I have since then I will have to
remove all apps dependent on it, so I compiled and installed the latest x264
on a different location. However I don't see anyway to configure mplayer to
use this new x264 in "configure --help" nor in the online documentation, nor
README.

Thanks.
RDB