[MEncoder-users] Newbie struggling with pullup

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:12:54 CET 2008

On 2/27/08 10:22 PM, "Rich Felker" <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> The output is not supposed to be 30000/1001 but 24000/1001, so what
> you're seeing is perfectly natural. Just fix the ofps.

Thank you!. I am quite please to see that the latest version of mencoder
once again allows me to select that output frame rate in combination with
other arguments I've grown fond of. It didn't for quite a while for
"-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video", I think. I have high hopes for decimate,
because for passages where I've been able to target the right frames with
it, the results have been near perfect. It's a bit more difficult to set the
decimate arguments than I expected, however, because although I can easily
make the distinction between frames I want to drop and those I want to keep
when viewing frame by frame, my arguments for decimate seem to result in
some very similar frames being kept.

It seems that in my case the first argument should always be 2, because I
always want to drop two of the three frames of the 3:2 pattern. Would you
please provide an example of decimate arguments that would only allow very
similar frames to be dropped along with a suggestion about which values to
adjust so that increasingly dissimilar frames may be dropped also?

> And please keep replies on-list, ALWAYS.

Sorry, that was an accident. I'm aware that my attempt to correct the error
didn't yield ideal results.

Thanks again.

--
Laine