[MEncoder-users] Flashvideo for YouTube using mencoder

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:48:51 CET 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:19:55 +0100
Ben <jultus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you have totally misunderstood video-encoding of Intra frames.

Rich and Reimar are MPlayer developers.  It's almost amusing to
see you continue to insist they (and others that are equally
knowledgable) don't know what they are talking about, while you, who
appears to know almost nothing about digital video, and is asking
here for help putting together the most basic command-line, do.

> The keyframe will be bigger in size than any other
> frame in the stream. Hence its quality will be higher.

First part is correct, the second part is utterly wrong.  For a thought
experiment,consider a lossless video codec.  FFV1 uses both key (I) and
non-key (P) frames, yet every frame necessarily, inherently, must be, by
definition, absolutely identical in quality.