[MEncoder-users] Flashvideo for YouTube using mencoder

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:58:23 CET 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 05:53:36 +0100
Ben <jultus at gmail.com> wrote:

> keyint=148:

The larger the keyint, the better the quality (potentially).

> mv0

mv0 does HORRIBLE things to the video in my tests (with MPEG1/4). It
causes some very weird and terrible looking macroblock judder.

> predia=2:dia=2

You'll never get *lower* quality using a larger dia size.  If encoding
time isn't a problem, why not use a larger value?

> :precmp=2:cmp=2:subcmp=2

*cmp=2 works great on animation, but makes live action blocky. If you
aren't using strong deblocking on playback (which I imagine flash
won't), it looks terrible.

There are plenty more options in the DOCs that you could be trying.