[MEncoder-users] svq3 file plays fine in mplayer, mencoder breaks on it

Bram bram at mencoder.as.avontuur.org
Fri Feb 15 15:15:44 CET 2008

Bram Avontuur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the latest mplayer trunk, I can playback a specific svq3 file
> using mplayer, but mencoder borks on it using the ffsvq3 decoder.
>
> Test file: http://bram.name/~brama/test_svq3_mencoder.mov (5MB)

Oops,  the file encodes just fine indeed, my simple test cmdline did not
take into account the fact that it needs to generate multiple-of-X
output. The actual problem in my transcoder software that triggered me
to research it was something else as well, so false alarm.

Thanks Reimar for pointing out the multiple-of-X problem.

Bram