[MEncoder-users] pullup useless?

Grozdan microchip at telenet.be
Tue Dec 30 15:31:08 CET 2008

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 15:00:35 James Hastings-Trew wrote:
> Loren Merritt wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, James Hastings-Trew wrote:
> >> -fps 30000/1001 -vf pullup,softskip,yadif,harddup -ofps 24000/1001
> >>
> >> (the yadif is in there to catch the occassional interlaced frame that
> >> might creep through from bad edit points on some titles)
> >
> > At the cost of reducing detail in the rest of the frames.
> > There are some deinterlacers that try to detect progressive blocks and
> > turn themselves off there. Yadif isn't one of them.
>
> Which deinterlacer is that? I was under the impression that yadif was
> masked, and only occassionally mistakes detail for interlaced content. A
> constructive comment would have included an improved command line. :)

kerndeint is an adaptive deinterlacer where one can adjust the threshold.
Below the given threshold, it will treat frames as progressive and leave them
alone, above it it will treat them as interlaced and do deinterlacing...
Maybe try that one out? Not sure how good it is since I never use it

Regards

http://h264enc.sourceforge.net