[MEncoder-users] IMX D10 MXF + 8 channel audio

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Dec 24 17:09:09 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 04:38:47PM +0200, fast at it-media.by wrote:
> Video stream:   49.281 kbit/s  (6160 B/s)  size: 407062 bytes  66.080 secs  1653 frames
> Audio stream:   46.392 kbit/s  (5798 B/s)  size: 386130 bytes  66.586 secs
>

> If i'am encode with options -nosound or pcm  - all work fine.
> But  I  need  to get as small as possible file size, and would like to
> encode audio track to mp3.

The reason for this is that you have a massive A-V desync with audio
being behind video almost half a minute already.
The reason is almost certainly that MP3 (at least ordinary MP3 which is
all we support for encoding) supports only 2 channels and at least
the LAME library you have handles it wrongly.
Try -af channels=2 or something like that (-af pan with proper
downmixing coefficients makes more sense).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger