[MEncoder-users] DV25 encoding issues

Heiner, Aaron J Aaron.Heiner at mso.umt.edu
Tue Aug 19 07:27:41 CEST 2008

I have been trying to encode to DV25 using the vfw options.  With wmv files everything seems to work okay, but when I encode from an mpg file to DV25, the video comes in clear but at certain places in the video file the video flips.  When I encoded the wmv files no sections of the video were fliped.  The video files that flip where cutup and put together again and it appears that every time a differnt angle or view is reached the video flips.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening or a better way to encode to DV25.

This is my commandline code: mencoder "Filename" -o "OutputFilename" -ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=pdvcodec.dll -nosound

Thanks!