[MEncoder-users] Animated GIF to FLV image quality

Matthew Richer matthew.richer at conceptshare.com
Thu Aug 14 16:02:08 CEST 2008

Well perhaps I didn't explain properly.  First off I don't know much about
video encoding and converting animated GIF to FLV.  It is a requirement that
we need to do here and I was tasked with it.  So I did check the
documentation and did some google searches with mencoder and a few other
terms but couldn't determine what I need to do.  I tried playing the video
bitrate but it didn't seem to affect it.  So although I have no doubt that
there may be 'hundreds of them' I would appreciate some insight on to where
to start looking.  I even included my command line in the hopes that you
would see what I'm doing and lead me in the right direction.  I'm not asking
you to do all the work for me, but at least leading me in the right
direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,

Matt

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:47:37 -0400
"Matthew Richer" <matthew.richer at conceptshare.com> wrote:

>> Is there any switches I can use to ensure that the resulting video has
>> the same quality as the original animated GIF?

Hundreds of them...