[MEncoder-users] convert H264 a raw video with the erroneous and dropped frame?

briaeros007 briaeros007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:01:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to correlate the quality losses in H.264 stream with the
packet losses in rtp stream (some study have found a simple
correlation for mpeg-4 streams quality losses and packet losses, and
i'm trying to extend this to H.264)

In this way, i'm dumping the h.264 stream after packet losses, to
compare this with the original sequence.

To do the comparison i need the video in yuv format, and i'm planning
in using mencoder to do this conversion.

Unfortunetaly I haven't find any option in mencoder so that it will
ouput an yuv stream where the dropped picture/frame are replaced by
green block, or the previous picture (as mplayer do when it played the
rtsp stream : if it packet are lost, then the previous picture stay in
the display and isn't refresh).

So does an option exist to say "use frame_num in h.264 streams" (or a
similar register in H.264 stream; i'm not an expert with h.264) ?

If such option doesn't exist (which is probable), do you know any
workaround or idea ?
I can try to do some developpement in mencoder, but i'm not good so
any hint about what/where to change will be gladly appreciate ;)