[MEncoder-users] H.264 video encoding timing

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Aug 7 22:39:32 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 15:25:45 -0400, David Smith wrote:
> How do you get mencoder-generated h.264 to play in Flash?  I still have not
> figured that out.  I have Flash 9+ installed on my PC, and I also have
> Mplayer of course.  What do I do with h.264 output?  Doesn't it need a flv
> extension?  I have tried with other extensions but they don't play in
> Mplayer.

Adobe clarifies:
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player:9:Update:H.264#Q:_Can_I_play_back_the_same_H.264_video_files_that_I_use_on_my_iPod.3F

And this blogger points out some interesting things, such as that
extensions don't matter:
http://podcastacademy.com/2007/08/21/adobe-flash-player-h264-and-file-extensions/

> Does the Adobe Flash installed on my computer contain a player, or
> do I simply have to embed it in HTML?  Thanks.

I think you just create a file as described in several of those
answers.

HTH,
Moritz

P.S.: I haven't tried.