[MEncoder-users] Encoding for thinkgeek's mp4 watch

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Aug 4 02:37:05 CEST 2008

I received a gift of a watch whose small display can play videos.
thinkgeek.com sells this watch in the US.

Its rather garbled manual claims that the watch can play mp4 or wmv videos.
I've tried using various mencoder options to generate either mp4 or wmv
videos, but had no luck -- the watch doesn't play them.

Does anyone have this watch, and can share working options for mencoder to
generate suitable video? The only hint I have is that the there's a small
video file that came with a watch, with a .smv extension, and "file" says
this about it:

baxiesan.smv: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, IMA ADPCM, stereo 11025 Hz

I've poured over mencoder's man page and tried various similarly-sounding
options, but had no luck encoding a file that's identified in the same way,
by "file". Thanks for any help.