[MEncoder-users] 4X3 to 16X9 adding pillar-boxing

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Apr 17 08:48:29 CEST 2008

On 4/16/08 6:55 PM, "Tripp" <eliared at yahoo.com> wrote:

> -vf scale=544:480,expand=720:480   .... -lavcopts  aspect=16/9

Thanks! This seemed to be working fine until I found that I didn't know how
to use the vcodec=mpeg2video option for lavc without getting "too many
packets in buffer" muxing errors. I was able to remedy this by adding
filmdent before the scale filter, but that results in a great reduction in
quality. Other deinterlacing filters I tried seemed to have no effect on the
muxing errors. The source video is not telecined. Is there a way to
accomplish this other than to demux, scale, then remux? Thanks again.

--
Laine Lee