[MEncoder-users] x264 codec recognition

Jiří Heryán technik at domotech.cz
Tue Apr 8 10:43:43 CEST 2008

On Pá, 2008-04-04 at 10:52 -0400, JGiotta at mediageneral.com wrote:
> I was able compile, but I used an earlier version of x264. However, I can only create video with sound only. The image is just black.
I had similar problems from yours to even worse. In my case it
was /dev/hands broken.

There are some clues from my experiments:

1. your x264.h is different version from a libx264.so
This hapens when you upgrade x264 and do not compile the new one with
--enable-shared configure option.
If this is it: recompile x264, install it, do a ldconfig, and finaly
recompile MPlayer. It is mandatory to make clean your sources before.

2. Check if your vo device is working.

JH