[MEncoder-users] Audio LAVC Error; Red Hat

Jiří Heryán technik at domotech.cz
Thu Apr 3 08:47:36 CEST 2008

> > Find Checking libmp3lame in your configure.log file. If there is line
> > like this:
>
> >/tmp/mplayer-conf-8683-15978: error while loading shared libraries: ...
>
> No error in the configure output

configure.log is a separate file generated by configure. If there is no
error, result must be OK, but it is not, so there must be some clue.

> > check where you have libmp3lame.so (by default: /usr/local/lib).
> > then check your /etc/ld.so.conf file (or files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
> > directory) if there is /usr/local/lib included. Include it if not.
>
> Added the following line to /etc/ld.so.conf:
> include /usr/local/lib
By including I mean add it to your config (sorry for misleading). The
include keyword is used to include additional config files, so this line
makes no sense.
I supose the first line in your ld.so.conf contains something like this:
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
There have to be a simple path:

/usr/local/lib
#that is, nothing more

> > run ldconfig as a root, this should fix the problem.

Do it again.

If it does not work, the configure.log contains an used test progam and
commandline used for compiling. You can dump it and compile it manualy
for check if everything is OK.

JH