[MEncoder-users] getting jpeg support in mencoder

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 23:51:31 CEST 2008

Gilles Pelletier wrote:

> I just did a 'svn update': Updated to revision 26320
> When I ./configure I get 'Checking for JPEG support ... no '
> What do I need to get jpeg support?

The simplest way to find out is to read the configure script, search for
"JPEG support", and see what the test is. If there is an autodetection
test and it's failing, which is probably the case, it might also be
helpful to read configure.log and see what the error messages from that
test are.

I have resolved probably dozens of "Checking for $feature... no"
failures this way. It should be the first step (or pair of steps) for
any more than mildly technically competent person wanting to investigate
such a failure.

In this case, what you are most likely to be missing is 'jpeglib.h',
which on my Debian system is provided by the libjpeg62-dev package.
Checking configure.log should enable you to find out for certain.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer