[MEncoder-users] Mencoder soft telecine broken; fix included

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Sep 30 19:22:14 CEST 2007

xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:

> Oh, I should mention-- I'm *not* using a recent copy of mplayer due
> to 32/64 bit issues, I let someone else deal with the crosscompile
> for me :-)
>
> deep-space-bananafish:~/g/57> mplayer32 --version
> MPlayer 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

That's... significantly old. Its behaviour in any specific context
cannot safely be assumed to be anywhere near the same as the current
development version, or even the most recent release. For anyone using a
recent version, your reports based on this old version are in all
probability effectively useless.

> CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 64 FX/Opteron
> Sledgehammer,Athens,Troy,Venus (Family: 15, Stepping: 10)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
>
> Unknown option on the command line: --version
>
> (and yet, it printed the version like I asked :-)

That's because the version is part of the banner, which gets printed
automatically unless the MPLAYER_VERBOSE environment variable is set in
such a way as to prevent it.

MPlayer does not use '--foo' options, anyway; if there even were such an
option, it would be '-version'. As it happens, there is not, because
there is no need for it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.