[MEncoder-users] -ni (non-interleved AVI parser)

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 29 16:49:22 CEST 2007

Tobias Brockamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does the "-ni" option decrease encoding performance? Is there in option to
> force mencoder not to switch to "-ni" mode when "Badly interleaved AVI"
> was detected?
>
> How can i make an "good interleaved avi" afterwards with mencoder?

 From TFM:

*Q:*

How can I fix AVI files with a broken index or bad interleaving?

*A:*

To avoid having to use -idx to be able to seek in AVI files with a
broken index or -ni to play AVI files with bad interleaving, use the
command

mencoder /|input.avi|/ -idx -ovc copy -oac copy -o /|output.avi|/

to copy the video and audio streams into a new AVI file while
regenerating the index and correctly interleaving the data. Of course
this cannot fix possible bugs in the video and/or audio streams.