[MEncoder-users] Mencoder soft telecine broken; fix included

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Fri Sep 28 23:21:04 CEST 2007

Il Friday 28 September 2007 07:01:10 xiphmont at xiph.org ha scritto:
> All mpeg2 soft telecine appears to be broken due to a bitmask bug
> introduced in February (commit 23348), when a code move mutated a
> 0x10 into a 0x20 causing sequence extensions to never be processed.
>
> A second bug is a mismask at muxer_mpeg.c:1614. The mask should be
> 0x7d not 0xfd as bff_mask sets/clears bits 7 and 1, not just bit 1.
> The dgpullup code (that this is taken from) also uses 0x7d.
>
> svn diff attached.  Fix tested working here with film->NTSC and
> PAL->NTSC direct soft telecine.  Please let me know if this fix is
> somehow incorrect-- I'm using it to burn a whole bunch of DVDs
> right now :-)
>
> Monty

committed, but with a fix:

-  if(((s->buffer[i+4] & 0xf0) == 0x20))
+ if(((s->buffer[i+4] & 0xf0) == 0x10))
   {
            se_ptr = &(s->buffer[i+4]);
            if(priv->patch_sde)
		patch_panscan(priv, se_ptr);

this is wrong: se_ptr must point to the sequence_extension (0x10),
while patch_panscan must work on the sequence_display_extension.

Thanks a lot,

	Nico