[MEncoder-users] encoding for SonyEriccson w810i

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:10:59 CEST 2007

Hi all, this is my first post to the list.  I've been using mplayer
for awhile, and am very happy with it.  I recently started using
mencoder and have one question to start (probably a lot more to
follow).  I'm trying to encode for a phone with the following
settings:

Format: MPEG4
V. Codec: MP4
A. Codec: AAC
Res.: 176x144
Max V. kbps: 96
Max v. Fps: 12.5/15
Stereo/Mono : Mono
A. Sample Rate: 12 000
Max A. Kbps:64
H(Horizontal) V(vertical): V

which I found here:
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/thread.jspa?messageID=80929&#80929,

1) Is anyone on the list successfully using mencoder to create video
for the w810i?  If so, can you post some relevant arguments?

2)  I ran into the issue of not being able to encode aac at 12000 Hz
and Mono.  Can anyone post those options if they know them?

Thanks.

Dave