[MEncoder-users] Mencoder deinterlacing

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 19:11:55 CEST 2007

On 9/23/07, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, top=1 is much more likely what you need.  And as for the
> reason?  It will prevent the "Huge amounts of juddering on movement"
> you later mention.

Thank you.

ilme:ildct:top=0 looks pretty good. Much better than any version of my
footage I've seen so far. Right now on the TV screen I'm seeing my attempt
to zoom right in on a road sign with full camcorder zoom and my shakey
hands, and it's a lot, lot, better than it was. My footage from the top deck
of a double decker bus with the driver giving it some around tight circles
is also much improved.

I'll do an experiment now with top=1. But this top=0 version is definitely
good. It also encodes at a reasonable page. Not at 1.03fps like "-vf
yadif=3,mcdeint=1,framestep=2" did.