[MEncoder-users] Mencoder deinterlacing

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Sep 23 12:02:54 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 10:36:58AM +0100, Ross Clement wrote:
[...]
> What should I add to the mencoder options to do deinterlacing. I tried using
> "-vf pp=ci" in several places, but it didn't seem to get rid of the
> interlacing. I'm tempted to use -vf lavcdeint since I'm using lavc. What
> would people recommend?

I always use -vf yadif=0 (though others of course have different
preferences), otherwise refer to http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/
and the man page.
If you create a DVD for watching on a TV you might also consider just
keeping the interlacing by using ilme and ildct encoding options.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger