[MEncoder-users] map audio to video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Sep 18 21:31:53 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 08:16:21PM +0200, Tobias Brockamp wrote:
> Am 18.09.2007, 16:21 Uhr, schrieb Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it>:
> > Tobias Brockamp wrote:
> >> i have a video file which does not contain an audio stream. I want take
> >> another video file as input and only encode the audio-stream from this
> >> file
> >> and "add" it to the first video.
> >>
> >> I have no idea if it is possible, anybody an idea?
> >
> > RTFM
> > mencoder videofile -audiofile x.wav -ovc copy -oac copy final.avi
>
> I don't think this would help. Once again with an example.
>
> Two files available
>
> 1. video file without audiostream (file01.avi)
> 2. video with both audio and video (file02.avi) no *.wav
>
> mencoder should encode the audiostream from file02.avi and write the
> output in file01.avi.
>
> is this possible in any way?

-audiofile is supposed to work just fine with all kinds of media files.
And please don't take it personally, but I just can't understand why
people don't just try things, how else will you ever learn anything? At
least with computers I don't really know of any other way that works
properly.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger