[MEncoder-users] problems with audio while making a DVD

TroyMcLure troymclure123 at tiscali.it
Sun Sep 9 22:47:14 CEST 2007

im trying to convert an avi file to a mpeg format suitable for DVD
authoring. i am a newbe and i just read the docs and tryed some command
line examples, and u know,  i tryed to understand something. I tryed a
lot of commands too and some video avi input files, but i always got the
same audio problems. Audio is bad, like the one of a broken old radio.

this is one of the command lines i tryed...

mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf \
  -vf scale=720:576,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 \
  -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:\
keyint=15:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 \
  -o temp.mpg temp.avi

i even tryed MP2 as audio codec, with no success, the problems looks
like in the audio input decoding...or in the audio filtering idk...

i think the command line is right. I copied it :P So, where's the
problem? is it possibile something about the installation of mencoder,
ffmpeg, audio codecs, shared libraries, i don't know... what should i
do?