[MEncoder-users] Juddering problem

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:15:45 CEST 2007

Hello all. I apologise for asking what I still think is a newbie question,
but I've searched and experimented, and can't solve my problem.

I want to be able to take dv files from a camcorder, and convert them into a
form suitable for playing on my DVD player. I'm able to create DVD suitable
mpegs using both mencoder and ffmpeg. And I've been creating divxs using the
attached script ( encode.bash)  and I attach a "script file" (encode.script
).

Generally the quality is OK except for an awful "juddering" effect on fast
moving objects. They move in a "juddering" way. Say if you have a fast
moving arm, then I don't see a single arm making a smooth movement, but see
what seems to be an arm making jerky movement, and it's almost like seeing
the same arm in several positions at once.

I'm guessing this is a standard newbie problem, but can't find how to fix
it.

Can anyone please help how I can fix this problem?