[MEncoder-users] Unable to get a correct synced file when acquiring from DVB-T device

Sylvain MEDEOT symedeot at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 7 10:52:02 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> Hello,
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:44:29PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>> Sylvain MEDEOT wrote:
>>> I am trying desperately to get a correct mpeg file with mencoder when
>>> acquiring data from a DVB-T device.
>>>
>>> mencoder dvb://"TF1" -o out.mpg -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf:drop
>>> -vf harddup -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts probesize=1024 -oac copy -ovc copy
>>> -mc 0 -noskip  -endpos 120s
>>>
>>> When I play this file, A/V is not synced. I tried many things without
>>> getting success. Is there anubody on the liste having success in doing a
>>> similar thing with mencoder ?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance,
>> remove that -mc 0 -noskip and let mencoder free to do its nasty job
>
> IMO the right solution is to use mplayer -dumpstream. Since I think it
> doesn't support -endpos you'd have the use sleep + kill instead though...
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

Thank you.
I tried what you suggested.
Using mplayer with -dumpstream gives a ts file which seems to be synced correctly.

I tried using mencoder -avc copy -oac copy dvb://channel without endpos and I got a file
which is also nearly ok.

So the problem with mencoder seems related to endpos when recording on the fly from DVB,
even without compression (computer is very fast, lot of memory).

A strange thing anyway when I convert the TS file (which plays well with mplayer) to avi,
I get a final file desynced again...

/usr/bin/mencoder -ni -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1000 -oac mp3lame file.ts -o file.avi

Well, I'm in trouble here...

Regards,

Sylvain