[MEncoder-users] tv tuner card suggestions?

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Wed Sep 5 15:14:41 CEST 2007

> you also have to consider that USB stick-tuners lack
> the the tin-can and the filters therein, thus their
> reception capability is seriously reduced.

I wondered how they got them so small.  I assume it makes them less
expensive as well.

Reception quality is a *major* consideration, for both analog and digital.
I would recommend avoiding tuners that are missing filters, or that have
any other brain damage that hurts reception.

Are *all* the USB tuners missing the filters?  I'm assuming it's just the
itsy-bitsy ones.