[MEncoder-users] Problem copy

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 10:47:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 10/24/07, Ivan Arcos <hiban8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> if I use the command
>
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -of avi -o C:/title2.avi dvd://2 -ss 0 -endpos
> 30
>
> title2 = 29,3 MB
>
> I can see title2
>
> but if I use the command
>
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -of avi -o C:/title2.avi dvd://2
> I can´t see title 2
>
> title2 = 1,64 GB
>
> Has the Avi format  a size limit?

Well, I can tell you that on my MacOSX machine, I don't suffer from
such limit, and my mencoder is build with a plain "./configure && make
&& make install".
So in theory, you shouldn't have to worry about this.
Please try to see if your problem may be fixed if you configure
mplayer with "--enable-largefiles". This may help.

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte