[MEncoder-users] Fast FLV encoding options

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Thu Oct 18 09:45:32 CEST 2007

On 5 October 2007 21:54:34 -0700 RC wrote:

> I really wouldn't recommendrecomend using a bitrate with single-pass
encoding.
> Using a vqscale setting ensures that a complex scene won't turn the
> video into a mess of artifacts.

Excuse the delay in sending this...

Apart from trial and error, what is the best way to decide what vqscale to
use? I regularly make iPod sized video podcast files and I've been getting
good results with vbitrate=768 - can I see the vqscale values that have
been chosen throughout the encoded file?

--
Mark Himsley