[MEncoder-users] Urgent problem

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 17 15:23:50 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:20:31AM +0200, Ivan Arcos wrote:
>
>> I use the follow command
>>
>> mencoder -aid 128 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
>> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1450:vpass=1:turbo:keyint=25 -ofps 25 -of avi -o
>> "C:\Archivos de programa\tralarior.avi" -vf pp=fd -dvd-device D: dvd://1
>> dvd://2
>>

> For some weird reason you must use D:\\ or D:/, D: does not work.

I've never needed to do that. It has always been -dvd-device d: for me.
You can avoid the whole issue though by setting the dvd-device in your
mplayer config file:

dvd-device=d:

Since it works without the -dvd-device command line option, then you
must already have that set in your config. Why worry about setting the
device if it works otherwise?

Have you considered that it is your particular version of mencoder that
isn't working properly? Try the build from
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php and see if it works out any
better for your needs.