[MEncoder-users] Ntsc m2v file from jpg image frames?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Oct 11 00:20:26 CEST 2007

Miguel V. S. Frasson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had to make adjusts to lots of frames of a ntsc movie, so I
> extracted all frames from the ntsc movie and used gimp in batch mode
> to make all my modifications.  Now I have lots of jpg files and I
> want to reassembly back a m2v file to make a dvd.
>
> How do I do that with mencoder?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Ps: I manage to play the 1h29min movie correctly with the command
> line
> mplayer mf://*.jpeg -mf w=720:h=480:fps=29.97:type=jpeg -audiofile audio.ac3

My first suggestion would be to try:

mencoder mf://*.jpeg -mf w=720:h=480:fps=29.97:type=jpeg -audiofile
audio.ac3 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts YOUR_OPTIONS_HERE -o movie.avi

This should produce an AVI file, which you can then remux using other
tools to create whatever type of file you want.

It may or may not be possible to create a 'm2v file' directly with
MEncoder by using -of lavf, but if it is I do not see any indication of
the fact in the documentation I have on hand. Then again, I also do not
in a quick search see any definitively clear indication of what a 'm2v
file' is supposed to actually *be*, so...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.