[MEncoder-users] Encoding to DVD: to deinterlace or not?

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 22:29:56 CEST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:27:54 -0500
James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca> wrote:

> It is not a solution that any DVD player or TV set uses that I am
> aware of.

At this point, I'm prepared to say you apparently live in a parallel
dimention from the rest of us, that is very different than our own.

A strange world in which CRTs have spontaneously disappeared, hardware
is terrible at deinterlacing and upconverting, and is somehow not able
to output interlaced material to interlaced HD displays, nor output
interlaced material to 60fps displays (aka. line-doubling).